Check Point Certified Security Administrator NGX
With over 24,000 CCSA certified professionals worldwide, CCSA Certification is one of the most highly recognized and respected vendor-specific security certifications available.
The foundation of Checkpoint certifications, CCSA NGX certification validates a Security Administrator's ability to maintain day-to-day operation of Check Point security solutions and ensure secure access to information across the network. Proficiencies include creating and installing security policies, using logging and reporting features, and managing anti-spoofing, Network Address Translation (NAT), and OPSEC applications.
Check Point Security Administration NGX I Rev 1.1 is a foundation course for Check Point's flagship product, VPN-1 NGX. Checkpoint Firewall Training course is intended to provide an understanding of basic concepts and skills necessary to configure VPN-1 NGX. During this course, students will configure a Security Policy, and learn about managing a firewalled network.
- How VPN-1 NGX components and Check Point's Secure Virtual Network Architecture protect critical information assets.
- How to create rules and modify a Security Policy's properties
- How to use advanced NGX features to minimize the information-security management burden, when working with objects and rules.
- How to use monitoring tools to track, monitor, and account for all connections logged by Check Point components.
- How to protect organizations from known network attacks and entire categories of emerging or unknown attacks, using SmartDefense.
- How to use private IP-address allocation and unregistered internal addressing schemes, to overcome IP addressing limitations.
- How to identify and address NGX security issues, including encryption and Virtual Private Networks.
- How to verify the identity of users logging in to NGX, using NGX authentication schemes.
- How to implement LDAP, and integrate it with NGX SmartCenter Server.
- How to back up critical files and directories, for availability and timely recovery of Security Gateways and SmartCenter Servers.
- Installing VPN-1 NGX in a stand-alone environment.
- Launching SmartDashboard.
- Defining basic objects.
- Configuring anti-spoofing measures.
- Defining basic rules.
- Creating objects using object cloning.
- Using Database Revision Control.
- Blocking intruder connections.
- Setting up a Suspicious Activity Rule in SmartView Monitor.
- Checking status in SmartView Monitor.
- Configuring SmartDefense.
- Configuring Hide NAT.
- Configuring Static NAT.
- Encryption math and mechanics.
- Defining user templates.
- Defining users.
- Configuring User Authentication.
- Configuring Client Authentication.
- Configuring LDAP authentication with SmartDirectory.
- Backing up and restoring a Security Gateway and SmartCenter Server.
Contact us for Checkpoint Security Training Course